Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

I take my pumpkins painted, not carved

As I mentioned in a post earlier this week, last year I was on a Hallowe'en crafting roll and tried painting pumpkins for the first time.  I thought they turned out great and while I painted enough for a small army, I've already broken the brushes out for a few more this year.  I don't have the steadiest hand when it comes to painting but I think I still do a decent job.

This year, I did a few "scary" designs and a couple pretty designs.  All you need are funkins, crafting paint and paint brushes/sponges.  If you want to make "vases", you will also need silk flowers and your glue gun.

The starting point:


For the two vases, I actually used gourds and cut the tops off.

Base coats:




Scary no. 1:




I have a bit of a Tim Burton thing going on with a lot of my Hallowe'en decor.  Love his movies (Dark Shadows was fantastic)!



Scary no. 2:
I wasn't happy with the mummy until I dirtied it up with the grey.


Scary no. 3:




Not sure what this is supposed to be but I tried something different.  The lines make me think the Yankees, which is the stuff of nightmares.

Here's all three together:

You may have noticed the flowers behind the trio, those are for the vases.

Pretty no. 1 (sans flowers):


Pretty no. 2:




No comments:

Post a Comment